Our major fundraising season is just around the corner and we have set our 2015 year end giving campaign goal at $50,000. Beginning in October, we are in constant effort to achieve our goal. For three months our schedule is full of meetings with corporate sponsors, grantwriting and fun community events. This is what it takes to sustain our current programs and grow our new projects. If our programs resonate with your beliefs, please support our work. If money is not an option, we have a growing volunteer base and frequent opportunities to be involved. The best way to stay up to date on our activities is to “LIKE” the One World Page on Facebook or visit our site at www.oneworldadventureco.org. Of course we’re also on Instagram & Twitter.
As you may already know, we are working on – the WM Beck III Discovery Center. Funding from local sources is crucial for this project to succeed and is completely separate from our end of year giving campaign. The center will be a huge asset to the town of Fort Payne and for our organization. Not only will it serve as a year around home for One World Adventure programs, it will help bring outdoor recreation “downtown.”
The first floor may open early as May 2016. Here are just a few examples of what the center will offer during its first floor phase.
- A community bike rental where you can ride out to either of our nearby parks and enjoy the trails.
- Outdoor retail space that will carry unique gear and clothing that are practical and affordable for all types of outdoor activities and skill levels.
- Large, open areas that can be partitioned into smaller rooms to serve as student centers, meeting space and common areas.
- A catering kitchen for programs and venue use.
Future plans for the second and third floor include a hostel, climbing wall with rappel station, environmental education exhibits, STEM Lab, and rooftop space. We are excited to integrate sustainable practices such as a rainwater reuse system and solar power.
We have committed a lot of hard work to this vision over the last 7 years but it would not have been possible without the support and commitment from friends and family. We ask for your continued support in our endeavors for this community as we attempt to add more fun to our quality of life. The need is here and the time is now. This is only the beginning. With the guidance of our board of directors and support from our community, One World is making some great strides forward. .
Check out our upcoming community events!
- Watch the leaves change on Little River. Free Community Paddle each Thursday evening in September beginning Thursday, Sept. 3rd at 5:00pm. Come out for an easy float and enjoy the fellowship, exercise and scenic beauty of Little River.
- Dates are Sept. 3rd, 10th, 17th, October 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th. Weather permitting.
- Friday October 16th – Friday night Fish Fry – Help kick off Mentone’s annual Colorfest with our famous fish fry fundraiser. From 4:00-7:00 come by and support our programs while getting the best fish dinner this side of the river. Plates are $10 and come with hand breaded catfish, homemade hush puppies, slaw and dessert. Reservations are encouraged because we sell out, quick!
- Saturday October 17th – Color Craze 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run – Race around the lookout mountain brow while getting doused with colored powder at each mile marker. Early registration is going on now and forms can be downloaded by following this link. Color Run 2015
To make a end of the year, tax deductible donation towards any of our unique and fun programs or projects, visit Network for Good at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/oneworldadventure
To contact us directly please call (256) 634-8370 or email email@example.com